Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter

The Synopsis:
For millennia we've caught only glimpses of the lives and loves of the gods and goddesses on Olympus. Now Aimée Carter pulls back the curtain on how they became the powerful, petty, loving and dangerous immortals that Kate Winters knows.Calliope/Hera represented constancy and yet had a husband who never matched her faithfulness….
Ava/Aphrodite was the goddess of love and yet commitment was a totally different deal….
Persephone was urged to marry one man, yet longed for another….
James/Hermes loved to make trouble for others;but never knew true loss before….
Henry/Hades's solitary existence had grown too wearisome to continue. But meeting Kate Winters gave him a new hope….







My Thoughts:
Okay, so once again I will tell you guys that my heart melts with barest thoughts of Greek mythologies.  There's just something about it that pulls me in with so much force and you won't see me for days.  And with Carter's works, The Goddess Test and Goddess Interrupted, I'm falling deeper in love with the mythology.  Instead of portraying Hades as a really bad dude, he's actually pretty decent, and I like this new twist on it.  And he's desperate for companionship, which he finds in Kate, and more. 

But the series isn't just about Henry and Kate.  There's James and Calliope and Ava and all of the other council members who have their own stories to tell.  Mind you, The Goddess Legacy isn't just about how all the characters got to be the way they are now; it's a book of heartbreak and all-consuming love.  There are it's sweet moments and there are those terrible, terrible ones.  Not everything the gods have to tell will have a happy ending.

The plotting of this book was absolutely spectacular.  Just not the way it's woven for the one book, but for the entire series (The Goddess Test and Interrupted).  It was pure genius.  You could tell there was room for some short little scenes between the characters outside of the book, but I didn't expect so much of it!  I'm not complaining here at all because I swallowed up every single page in the matter of two days.  The Goddess Legacy was insightful and I got to read even more about some of my favorite characters.

So here I thought that Calliope was pure Crazy with a side of Nuts, but she's more than that.  James?  My heart goes out to you, sweetheart!  Your story made me get all sniffly and pathetic!  Ava, I'm not sure what to think of you yet.  You certainly had two sides of you: sweet and loving and a complete bitchiness.  I never once doubted Persephone and the choices she made, but her personality was not exactly what I thought it to be.  And Henry, nothing has changed with you for me.  If anything, I think more highly of you!

I've grown even more attached to the characters.  Not only did I learn more about the characters mentioned about, but I learned more about the others on the council, including Walter (Zeus).  Especially Walter. 

I don't believe you have to read this one to read the last installment to the series, but I'd recommend it.  It was wonderfully spun tales for each of the characters, even if it didn't end all heart-melty gushy.  Because it was a retelling of Greek gods, I almost immediately loved it.  Almost.  So, if you love Greek mythology as much as I do, or even if you're on the fence, pick this one up!  I hope you all enjoy this one as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people, so comment away! What do you think of this post?

Designed by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.