Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready

The Synopsis:
In this dramatic conclusion to the Shade trilogy, Aura and Zachary’s relationship sizzles as the secrets of the Shift are revealed.
Life can change in an instant, and no one understands that better than Aura. It’s been almost a year since her boyfriend tragically died. She’s finally letting go of Logan’s violet-hued ghost, but not her search to uncover the truth about her past.
As the first in a generation that can see ghosts, Aura is convinced she has a connection to the Shift. She’s trusted Zachary, ever patient and ever by her side, with all that she knows. But when the government threatens his life in an attempt to learn Aura’s secrets, she will stop at nothing to protect herself and the one she loves...even if that means betraying her own heart.







My Thoughts:
Peeps, do you guys know how much I love Zachary?  Honestly, he is my fictional boyfrannn.  I love his determination and his hidden ninja skills.  (He's not like 'WA-CHOW!!!' ninja, but he's decent.)  I love his accent and how...ahem...patient he is.
See? Isn't he like your hot Scottish superhero?

And, while the YA Crush Tourney was in full swing, I was a full supporter of my Captain Patience.

Do I have to show you more about how far my love for Zachary goes?  When Aura would push him away, my heart would go out to Zach, who I could only imagine was very let down and sad.  How could you not resist his charm?  He's funny and daring. (who do you know that wore a kilt to prom? Hmm?)

In Shine, the stakes are even higher and more secrets are revealed.  And guess what?  There is adventure!  I mean, like, 3,000 miles away adventure.  Isn't that so much fun?  And even more than that, I don't even see my fictional boyfriend for the first half or so of the book!  I was hooked all the way to the very end with this one.  I couldn't put it down, and I'm so happy to see a happy ending to an amazing series.

I really did become invested with all of the characters, and I was sad that all this fun I had with them all would come to an end, but it felt right.  I'm happy to tell you that it ended because I know that in my mind the characters have moved on.  They're off to go on different adventures now. 

The writing of Smith-Ready's, I feel, is so authentic.  They travel to freaking SCOTLAND for Pete's sake and I felt like I was there with Aura and Zachary walking down the streets or sitting at the pub with them.  I can hear all of those people clearly as if they were standing right next to me instead of being a small voice inside my head (doesn't that sound like I'm mental?).

If you haven't read this series yet, I don't know what the heck you're doing with your life.  Aura is a badass character in her own ways.  Yeah, she's in love with a dead dude.  Yeah, there's a hot guy that has a heartbeat and has a Scottish accent because he's all foreign and stuff.  Yeah, I loved the series.  So, if you've not read this series yet, hurry up and get it right now!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people, so comment away! What do you think of this post?

Designed by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.