Saturday, January 4, 2014

Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi

Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
Genre: YA Dystopia
Expected Publication: January 28th, 2014
Publisher: HarperCollins
Page Count: 400
Goodreads
Amazon

The earth-shattering conclusion to Veronica Rossi's "masterpiece" Under the Never Sky trilogy and sequel to the New York Times bestselling Through the Ever Night (Examiner.com).

Their love and their leadership have been tested. Now it's time for Perry and Aria to unite the Dwellers and the Outsiders in one last desperate attempt to bring balance to their world.

The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe-haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do-and they are just as determined to stay together.

Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. And when Roar returns to camp, he is so furious with Perry that he won't even look at him, and Perry begins to feel like they have already lost.

Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble a team to mount an impossible rescue mission-because Cinder isn't just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survival, he's also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most.

In this final book in her stunning Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi raises the stakes to their absolute limit and brings her epic love story to an unforgettable close.

*A review copy was provided from the publisher for me to review*

In 2012, Under the Never Sky became one of my favorites of the year. I've said before and I'll say again that I am not the biggest fan of dystopia, but this series piqued my interested in all things dystopia. Since picking up the first book in this series, I have been a loyal fan of the series. So, obviously, with the last novel approaching publication, I am sad to see this fantastic series come to an end.

I've always loved Aria. She's a character that's experienced a lot of character growth throughout the books and her persisting strength and love is something so admirable to read about. And it's always great to see her make mistakes and have weak moments! She's real! Yay! Dimensional characters! And the same applies for all the other characters in this book.

So finally we get some answers about various mysteries that have been sneaking around throughout the series. It was nice to see them answered! Like all the other books in the series, I had a hard time getting away from it to do other things. I just wanted to sit and read it all in one sitting. While I didn't accomplish that, I certainly made sure I finished it pretty quickly. And I've never been so angry over a villain in my life. This guy was complete evil and it was crazy to read about.

I certainly have to slow clap it out for Rossi because I've been so invested in this story, its romance, every element about it since the beginning. This novel definitely didn't turn into a Mockingjay, but it didn't leave me completely happy about its outcome, either, because, let's face it; no dystopia novel is complete without its proportional amounts of heartbreak and death.

Okay, another thing I want to point out is that the romance between Perry and Aria was passionate enough for the setting. I don't think I ever understood why characters are getting it on and I'm left thinking to myself "HOW COULD THIS POSSIBLY HAPPEN WITH ALL THE CRAP THAT'S GOING ON AROUND YOU??" Their relationship was real and there were plenty of ups and downs that made their relationship authentic. I LOVE YOU, PERRY AND ARIA.

If you were wondering (which you probably weren't), yes, I did get a little misty-eyed at the ending. Not that it's boo-hoo sad, but I was just upset to see it end. The Under the Never Sky trilogy will always be a favorite of mine. With epic adventure, a palpable romance, alive characters, and an awesome story, it's bound to suck readers in. I can only hope that if you haven't started this series yet, I hope you do soon.

5 Splashes

3 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm so excited for this one and I love this series. I'm really happy to hear that a lot of the questions are answered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous review, chica! Under the Never Sky is one of the books I always meant to pick up but never actually did.. Someone slap me and tell me to get on it, like, RIGHT NOW. I seriously feel like I am missing out on something great here! Thanks for the great review, you got me even more excited for this series!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review and I'm glad to here we aren't the only ones getting misty eyed lol

    Rinny & Kimmy
    opinionatedcupcakes@blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people, so comment away! What do you think of this post?

Designed by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.