Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Catching Jordan Review

All I have to say is, this book was great.  I'm not usually one for strictly romance and contemporary works, but when I read our main girl, Jordan, was the starting quarterback and captain of her football team, I couldn't resist.  I snatched this book as fast as I could off the shelf and couldn't wait to read it.  Let's just say I have a soft spot for football.What girl doesn’t want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn’t just surrounded by hot guys, though – she leads them as the captain and quarterback on her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that’s just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there’s a new guy in town who threatens her starring position on the team… and has her suddenly wishing to be seen as more than just a teammate.

I could really relate to Jordan throughout the book.  Both she and I are Awkward, with a capitol A, when it comes to romance.  There's nothing more I dread than showing and telling what my true feelings are, and Jordan struggles to open up to the ones she loves and fight for what she truly wants.  Everything about her I understood.
And then things started getting complicated and I wanted to tackle Jordan myself just so that I could somehow knock some sense for her.  I hate it when the characters you like make the wrong choices and do incredibly embarrassing things you ever dreamed of.  So, when things started getting weird and complicated, I was a little less than happy.  But I stuck along with Jordan, knowing I could never hate her and also, curiosity got the best out of me.  I wanted to know what happened.  What college would she pick?  Is that really who she likes?  Why is Henry, her best friend, being such a butt?
Overall, I give this book four stars.  It was an entertaining and quick read.  There is a lot of football terminology that I thought added to the authenticity of Jordan's personality.  And even if you don't like football, read it.  The book had it's sweet and tender moments along with teenage drama that was all to real.  This would be my favorite contemporary of the year so far.
Happy reading, everyone!  Until later, au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people, so comment away! What do you think of this post?

Designed by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.