Monday, May 7, 2012

The Goddess Test

I've been wanting to read this book for a real long while and have only now just gotten to it.  The cover had me hooked immediately.  And besides my fascination for all things medieval or steampunk, I've always had a thing for Greek mythology.  I just love it for absolutely no reason at all.
Every girl who has taken the test has failed.     
Now it's Kate's turn.
It's always been just Kate and her mom--and now her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear her mother won't live past the fall.          
Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld--and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.          
Kate is sure he's crazy--until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride, and a goddess.          
If she fails...

So, when I read a good book that brings out those vulnerable emotions that you try to keep hidden to the public to save yourself from the humility, it's extremely embarrassing and I usually never forgive the book for sparking those pesky and extremely inconvenient things that people call feelings.  This book happens to be one of those books, but for some really odd and strange reason I will never understand the meaning of, I forgave the book and read on.  (Seriously, this book had me crying at, like, page ten.)  I felt really bad for Kate, not that I could exactly relate to her, but I just felt really, really bad for her.  What teenager in their right mind would want to give up their lives freely to take care of their dying mother?  I could never dream of such a thing.  But for Kate, that's her reality and she takes it all in one full swing and doesn't even bat an eye.  What else could she do?
And then things just keep getting worse and then she finally meets the dark, mysterious, hot, dangerous, and crazy Henry--some guy that promises her that he can keep Kate's mom alive.  So, of course she says yes and moves into his house, as promised for her end of the deal.  Okay, things are alright then, right?  Things couldn't be any worse.  Somebody unknown wants her dead and things just keep on getting worse.  At least there's still Henry for her. . . sometimes.
I gave this book four stars.  It was beautifully written and had a great plot line.  Like I said, I love Greek mythology and I loved the spin Aimee Carter put on this.  I was all over this book, my thoughts loving  each and every word on the page.  I suggest you all read this, guys.  Simply great book.  I'm disappointed I haven't read it any sooner and I can't wait to see what happens next.  Well, what happens after Goddess Interrupted, which I read right after I read The Goddess Test.  That review will come soon, by the way.
Happy reading!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for sharing this it's sounds like amazing read !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like a powerful book and an emotional read. I don't know if I am in a crying mood though but I will have to check it out. You know how much I love dark and tortured :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only one you didnt do a review on was The Goddess Hunt! Its still free on Amazon if you want it hehe! Check out my review of Goddess Interrupted on my book reviews website: romancereviews.webs.com. thx for reading my comment! bye!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people, so comment away! What do you think of this post?

Designed by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.