Thursday, August 22, 2013

A to Z Bookish Survey


I'm going to have some fun and waste time! I've never done one of these before and I think this survey is the cutest thing ever.

Author you’ve read the most books from:
Cassandra Clare places number one. In total (8): The Mortal Instruments (5) and the Infernal Devices (3).

Best sequel ever:
Crown of Embers by Rae Carson. I didn't really enjoy the first book, Girl of Fire and Thorns, and I only gave it a 3 star rating. Then, I read CoE and it totally rocked my world! Such an epic read.

Currently reading:
Timepiece by Myra McEntire and rereading City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare.

Drink of choice while reading:
Tea, because it's amazing, or Gatorade, because I have a heart condition thing and need to drink it.

E-reader or physical book?
*sings* Let's get physical, physical!

Fictional character you probably would have dated in high school:
Oh, darn. Gotta think for this one.... Umm, probably Simon Lewis from The Mortal Instruments (sorry, that's the only thing I can think of currently!) because he's super nerdy and sweet and I really love dorky and nerdy guys.

Glad you gave this book a chance:
Across the Universe by Beth Revis. Originally, I wasn't even going to bother reading it! I just wasn't into the premise for it at first.

Hidden gem book:
Illuminate by Aimee Agresti. Seriously, I love this book and I feel like no one has read or heard of it.

Important moment of your reading life:
Going to my first ever book event. And this was a little before I started blogging. I went to the Breathless Reads event with Jessica Spotswood, Andrea Cremer, Marie Lu, and Beth Revis on the panel and it was such a surreal thing for me, to see the faces of the authors who write these amazing books and realize that they're human, too. Without this event, I don't think I would have created my blog.

Just finished:
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.

Kinds of books you won’t read: 
Autobiographies, non-fiction, erotica. Basically anything that's not fictional.

Longest book you’ve read:
Brisingr by Christopher Paolini.

Major book hangover because of:
The Diviners by Libba Bray. Seriously, that book is the shit.

Number of bookcases you own:
2.

One book you have read multiple times:
Umm, I'm not really into rereading books, though I feel like I should do that more often. I did read Twilight and Breaking Dawn a whopping five times, though, when I thought they the best books out there, and then New Moon two times and Eclipse three times. And now I just started rereading The Mortal Instruments. Other than that, I don't reread books.

Preferred place to read:
Anywhere comfy and near food. That could be my bed, couch, car seat. As long as I'm equipped with a book, seat, and food, I'm good.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
 “It’s probably my job to tell you life isn’t fair, but I figure you already know that. So instead, I’ll tell you that hope is precious, and you’re right not to give up.”--Defiance by C.J Redwine
I totally had to search through quotes of my favorite books (I'm terrible at remembering my favorite quotes) and this one stood out to me.  I remember reading this and actually feeling it. I've dealt with high anxiety and mild depression for years and there are times where things are just dumpy. So instead of thinking that things will never get better, it's a good idea to hold on to hope and not giving up.

Reading regret:
Hmmm...buying Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck. Because now that I spent the money on the book, I have to finish the series and have them all on my shelf.

Series you started and need to finish (all books are out):
I still haven't read the last book of the Delirium series by Lauren Oliver, same goes for that Halo series by Alexandra Adornetto, the Rift duology by Andrea Cremer, the Darkness Rising series by Kelley Armstrong, and I'm sure there's others. And I haven't read the last two books of the Graceling Realm series by Kristin Cashore.
I seriously need to get on top of these things.

Three of your all-time favorite books:
Can I put an entire series as one? I think I will. Number One would be The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare, The Diviners by Libba Bray, and The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross.

Unapologetic fangirl for:
Tahereh Mafi. Her writing is something that I want to bathe myself in.

Very excited for this release more than all others:
THE BITTER KINGDOM!!!! It's so close, yet so far away... 

Worst bookish habit:
Buying books. I admit it is both a gift and a curse to buy books. It's a gift for obvious reasons. YAY BOOKS GALORE. But it's a curse because there are times where I cannot buy every book on the shelf because I do not have that kind of money.
 
X marks the spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book: 
Ascend by Amanda Hawking.

Your latest book purchase:
Hourglass and Timepiece by Myra McEntire

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer, but that was last year. I don't really stay up late that often reading books because then I can't comprehend what's on the page.

2 comments:

  1. Love reading these types of posts, they are so fun! I feel like I've gotten to know you better. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DON'T LIKE EBOOKS. They are my life. So, so convenient! And omg I so wish to find a Simon Lewis at my school. *dreams* Ugh, and I still need to read The Diviners! Wonderful post, dear! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I SOO agree that Crown of Embers was an AMAZING sequel, I was dying during it, and I know you'll love The Bitter Kingdom I felt meh towards it but I was in a book slump so I don't know but seriously. It's pretty much what you could expect from Rae Carson :) I still need to read Requiem, too, I have it and everything. I just need to get my lazy butt around to starting it and commit to finishing it, as well. Simon Lewis would be such an awesome boyfriend he definitely is a total nerd and so compassionate :)

    Fantastic post, Millie! <33

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people, so comment away! What do you think of this post?

Designed by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.