Saturday, July 14, 2012

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

The Synopsis:
Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie’s always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.
Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.
So much for normal.








My Thoughts:
I heard about this book a while ago and have been meaning to read it, but Other Books kind of got in the way of it.  So, there went Paranormalcy all the way to the back of my brain until I picked it up at my local library.  The one thing that had me really curious about this book is the fact the the MC, Evie, wields a pink taser that she named Tasey.  There's also the fact that she works for this agency that tags a bunch of paranormals so that they don't do anything illegal, like drink peoples' blood.  Easy peasy.  So overall, you could see the natural appeal it had to me.
Evie is probably one of the most ignorant characters I've read about, and that's in the best way possible.  Her ignorance wasn't exactly annoying, but it could become tedious at times.  It didn't bother me much because I learned things along with Evie, but I did think that it was a tad overdone.  Though, if I want to contradict myself further, I could also say that it also made Evie the character that she is.  She's very pure in a sense that she hasn't been exposed to the true and harsh dangers the world has to offer.  I liked her for that, but then yet again it got on my nerves, but not by much.
The idea I thought was very original.  I cannot come up with any other book that has this idea.  Originally, she's an unmoving and loyal member of IPCA, but when Things Happen (A.K.A a nearly invisible hottie who goes by the name of Lend) she's not so sure who she should trust or what to do.
Let me just say that I really enjoyed the writing of this book.  There's a lot of sarcasm and humor which had me giggling at many points in the story.  The romance was pure sweetness and completely adorable and had me squealing like a little girl on the inside.  Evie's voice, I feel, sticks out than most others from other books I've read, and I certainly liked that.
Overall, I gave this lovely book four out of five stars.  It was a highly entertaining read that I read pretty quickly.  I enjoyed it and look forward to reading the rest of the books in the series.  It's definitely a book I would recommend for those who love reading about vamps and weres and faeries, really evil faeries.  Hinty hint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people, so comment away! What do you think of this post?

Designed by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.