Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rapture by Lauren Kate

The Synopsis:
The sky is dark with wings....
Like sand through an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past, they must find the place where the angels fell to earth.
Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this — live only to lose Luce again and again. Yet together they face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies...and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed.
And suddenly Luce knows what must happen. For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her — and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now is the only one that truly matters.
In the fight for Luce, who will win?

Rapture is the astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.


My Thoughts:
Earlier in the year, I started with the Fallen series, really curious about this idea of angels and reincarnation.  Right from the beginning, I was hooked.  This is not the first series of books I've ever read about, but it is certainly of my top favorites.  I instantly fell in love with all of the characters, Arriane and Roland being my most liked. 

This book picks up right where readers were left off in Passion, and the stakes are higher than ever now that Lucifer has decided to recreate the Fall again which would start time over essentially.  Daniel and Luce, as they always would and will, stick close together as they try to save the world and create and even deeper connection with each other (as if they didn't already need one since they've been together since the dawn of time).  All of the angels and demons band together to help, too, and then there you have Rapture.

Luce has always been the clueless one in the series, but I never thought it to be overbearing and annoying, and for that, I really loved her clueless yet fiercely determined personality.  She was smart and a lovable character in my mind.  It's no wonder why Daniel fell in love with her in the first place.

I feel that if I say anything, I'm going to ruin the story in one way or another for those who have not read this book or series yet.  Sorry for that, but I have a tendency to do that will books I love; I just babble about them for a really long time.  But I will say this: Kate's writing is poetic and accurate.  The story she has created is flawless with the history just dripping off of every page.  Never once was my attention broken from story.  It's safe to say that I could not put Rapture down.

I don't consider myself to be a big fan of the angel genre, but I find myself with a lot of angel books on my hands.  If you happen to be one of those people who has not read the Fallen series, I suggest you do.  I always love when books are mingled in with accurate history with plenty of action and adventure.  It's also a boost when the story includes a great and sweet romance.  Now that I come to think of this, the Fallen series has to have the most epic and heart-wrenching romance I've ever read about.  And for those of you wondering, it didn't bring me to tears like Unraveling by Liz Norris did, but I did get a little misty-eyed.

And what does this review mean? It means that this book was fantabulous and I suggest everybody reads it!  Yep!

Happy reading, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. As said on Twitter ..I APPROVE OF THIS. So happy you liked it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, I'm DYING TO READ RAPTURE. I've followed the rest of the series as they've come out, but I've not yet had the chance to read this one, and... !!!!!!!!!!

    Oh, you have me so excited about this, and I LOVE how you've described Luce. YES, she can be a little clueless, but she's determined, and selfless, and... I am dying to know how this wraps up!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people, so comment away! What do you think of this post?

Designed by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.