Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where bloggers like me get to gush about what makes their hands all grabby.

Darkness never dies.

Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land, all while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. But she can't outrun her past or her destiny for long.

The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling's game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her--or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.


I can't.  Wait.  For this book! Like--ughh!  I need it now!  I absolutely loved Shadow and Bone to pieces and with the ending that was given, Siege and Storm was put to the very top of my TBR list.  And this almost minimalistic cover draws me in even more.  I kind of like to think of it as The Grisha Trilogy is what you imagine it to be and it lets all my creative juices loose.  Even though I think that The Darkling is some gorgeous creature (and if you disagree, just look at Tom Hiddleston as Loki), I am Team Mal.  So, GOOO TEAM MAL!!!  Make me proud, you scruffy man.

And what are you all waiting for this fine Wednesday?

16 comments:

  1. I feel really bad because I swaw all those amazing reviews when Shadow & Bone came out but somehow I still haven't read it and now the sequel is already nearly there >.< Great pick though! The world of these books sounds so great!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I though that Shadow and Bone was good and so Siege and Storm will be on top of my wishlist when it comes out.

    My WOW this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Siege and Storm! I NEED MORE DARKLING! ;) Totally agree 100% with this pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! Yes! SEIGE AND STORM! I need this book in my life. And I'm also Team Mal. <333

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never got into this series, but I know a lot of people love it. I hope you love it! Thanks for stopping by!

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for this one. I was not expected to like Shadow and Bone half as much as I did... can't wait for this to release!!
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete

  7. My goodness that sounds like a good book. Great pick and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *Hangs Head In Shame* I haven't read Shadow and Bone yet. I really need to, I just haven't gotten around to it. Great pick though!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot wait for this one!!!!! Dying for it.

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW at YA Sisterhood.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't LOOOOOVE Shadow and Bone, but it was seriously a great read. I'm really freaking excited for this one too! I think The Darkling is a hottie too, but I'm definitely still Team Mal. Awesome pick this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait, I thought that this was just a temporary cover? Doesn't it say "Cover Not Final" in the corner or am I finally losing it? But anyways, YES OMG THIS BOOK. I am so excited to read this one!! I loved Shadow and Bone so much and I can't wait to see what the lovely author has in store for us. And I'm totally Team Mal as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Yes. The cover isn't final. I should have explained it better, but I was referring to the S&B cover, which was minimalistic, almost.

      Delete
  12. Yes great pick! I'm kind of dying to read this book! I can't wait to read what will happen next! Also I seriously can't choose a team, I love both Darkling and Mal. :)

    Thanks for visiting my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just recently bought Shadow and Bone and I can't wait to read it! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have not read the first one, but it's been pretty popular. Thanks for stopping by my WOW as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read this series yet but it sounds like I should.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people, so comment away! What do you think of this post?

Designed by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.