Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where bloggers like me get to gush about what makes their hands all grabby.


 In the After
Publication: June 25th from HarperTeen

They hear the most silent of footsteps.
They are faster than anything you've ever seen.
And They won't stop chasing you...until you are dead.

Amy is watching TV when it happens, when the world is attacked by Them. These vile creatures are rapidly devouring mankind. Most of the population is overtaken, but Amy manages to escape—and even rescue “Baby,” a toddler left behind in the chaos. Marooned in Amy’s house, the girls do everything they can to survive—and avoid Them at all costs.

After years of hiding, they are miraculously rescued and taken to New Hope, a colony of survivors living in a former government research compound. While at first the colony seems like a dream with plenty of food, safety, and shelter, New Hope slowly reveals that it is far from ideal. And Amy soon realizes that unless things change, she’ll lose Baby—and much more.

Rebellious, courageous, and tender, this unforgettable duo will have you on the edge of your seat as you tear through the pulse-pounding narrow escapes and horrifying twists of fate in this thrilling debut from author Demitria Lunetta.


How cool does this book sound??  And for some strange reason, I am loving this cover.  Also, the concept for this book sounds quite different and interesting. 

So what are you waiting for on this fine Wednesday?

9 comments:

  1. Reading this blurb, I am afraid the first half of this book is going to nightmares haha. But I am definitely looking forward to it. Great pick!

    my WoW

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH YES! This one looks FANTASTIC!!! I am seriously excited for it :D I hope you get your hands on it and it ends up being AWESOME! Great pick :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds so intriguing! I'm wondering who "THEM" is!! Adding it to my TBR! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one looks so good!!! I can't wait for it! Thanks for stopping by my WOW at YA Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does look good.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! Hadn't heard of this one, but love the sound of it! Hope it lives up to it's premise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I haven't heard of this one yet but it sounds so good! Adding it to my list now.

    Thanks for visiting my post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been seeing this book everywhere! It really sounds as if it's made of awesome. Great pick =D

    Here's my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this one looks great! I agree there is something about that cover. Great pick Millie :)

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people, so comment away! What do you think of this post?

Designed by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.