Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate

I've read the first three books in the Fallen Series and have been quite content with them.  They keep me on the edge of my seat and I fall in love with the characters with each turning page.  As you can imagine, I was very happy when I spotted this little one at my local library. 
Unexpected. Unrequited. Forbidden. Eternal. Everyone has their own love story.
And in a twist of fate, four extraordinary love stories combine over the course of a romantic Valentine's Day in Medieval England. Miles and Shelby find love where they
least expect it. Roland learns a painful lesson about finding-and losing love. Arianne pays the price for a love so fierce it burns. And for the first -and last- time, Daniel and Luce
will spend a night together like none other.
Lauren Kate's FALLEN IN LOVE is filled with love stories . . . the ones everyone has been waiting for.
True love never says goodbye. . .


First off, I'll start of by saying that I thought the cover was absolute gorgeous.  Just look at it!  Her hair, the dress, even the font of the title.  I honestly think that this is the best cover in the entire series, including Rapture and Torment, which happen to be close runner ups.
Ahh, I'm sad to say this, but this book was kind of a bore.  I know, I know.  I loved all the other books, but this one was just pure romance and heartbreak.  However, I did like how the setting was a Medieval town on St. Valentine's Day.  The girl inside of me was swooning at the thought of a little romance on V Day, but mostly I was uninterested.  All of the history was correct and it was very interesting to read about, but overall I just thought the book was cute.  It was okay.  And another thing I like is Lauren Kate's style of writing.  I'm not sure why . . .
Past Lucinda in here is deeply depressed because Daniel, her knight in shining armor--literally--has left her.  Roland surprisingly has an interesting history and so does Arianne.  Arianne and Roland have been my favorite characters throughout the series, so I was really excited to read about them and get to know a bit more than them besides the fact that they're bad ass angels, well, one of them is an angel; the other is a demon.  But to top all of them, my favorite character is Miles.  He's my book boyfriend, though I don't think he knows it yet.
And although the main theme of the story revolves around Luce and Daniel, they're not really a big part of it.  It's more of Shelby and Mile's and Roland and Arianne's turn to shine.  I liked that.  We don't get to see a lot of them other than when they're protecting Luce and Daniel from the Outcasts.
This is yet another book that I gave three out of five stars.  I don't think I'll ever feel good about giving a book a three or below, but it's just what I feel.  If you're in for a light and fluffy read, by all means, go ahead and pick up this book.  It's not that I didn't know what I was getting into by reading this book; it's just that I want to read all the books in the series, and that includes this small novella.  Like I said, Fallen in Love was cute.  It wasn't terribly bad and it wasn't unforgettably good.  It was an inbetween read that just filled in the gap between the books and gave you some more insight into the other characters' lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people, so comment away! What do you think of this post?

Designed by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.